YOKKAO is more than a Muay Thai gear and equipment company. Since the brand started in 2010, YOKKAO has always been a firm supporter in promoting the sport of Muay Thai. As the company grew bigger, it looked to promote and groom young fighting talents from around the world. As a top brand name in the Muay Thai industry and international fight scene, YOKKAO has regularly partnered with the biggest names by sponsoring celebrity fighters and top camps with gear and training equipment. It is also passionate about building the sport from the grassroots level. In its latest bid to promote the sport, YOKKAO will be supporting the lads from down under, by providing official competition gear for the Muay Thai Australia NSW State Championships.
This is the first time that the state championships will be held in the state of New South Wales. Winners from the event will go on to represent the state in the National Championships to be held next year. The event will go by IFMA rules. For those of you in Australia, remember to show your support for your local heroes at the Muay Thai Australia NSW State Championships. The event will take place from 8-10 December at YOKKAO affiliated training center, SRG Thai Boxing Gym located in Alexandria, NSW.
ABOUT MUAY THAI New South Wales
The 2017 MTA-NSW State Championships are the first of its kind to be held in Australia.
The event has been setup for the following reasons:
• For athletes to practice for the 2018 MTA National Championships
• For athletes to be given an opportunity to compete in IFMA style tournament events
• For trainers to be given an opportunity to participate in IFMA style tournaments and help gain an understanding of how they are conducted
• For officials to be given an opportunity to officiate in IFMA style tournaments
• For MTA-NSW to raise funds for sport and athlete development As with the MTA National Championships, there are some pre-requisites for athletes to be eligible to compete.
1. Be a NSW resident
2. Be a registered Amateur Combatant with the NSW Combat Sports Authority (Age 14 years +)
3. Represent a MTA NSW registered gym
4. Be registered for the event before 10pm Sunday November 26th The competition itself will run from Friday 8th of December to Sunday 10th of December at SRG Thaiboxing Gym Alexandria.
Competition will adhere to the codes, rules and regulations of IFMA outlined on the IFMA website. This tournament will be contested under the “Competitive Class”/ “B Class” and “Youth 14 – 17” rules and regulations as found www.ifmamuaythai.org/technical-reference/muaythai-rules/. As per the rules, all bouts will be conducted under “full Thai rules” of 3 x 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest period for adults, and 3 x 2 minute rounds with a 1 minute rest period for youths (14 - 17 years old). The official weight categories can be found in the link below, with all athletes having to make their chosen weight on Friday registration day and the morning of each day of competition.